TexStyle

Adventures in Textile Arts by kate kline

Friday, March 10, 2006



Old Buildings and Waterworks

I met with the director of Waterworks, the city parks' art studio, to talk about teaching children this summer. We will be doing some quilt things with the younger children and some photo transfers with the teens. The theme for the summer camps this year is "Buildings" which is great since I've been trying to work with my new photos of old buildings. I love the textures and faded colors of peeling paint, dirty bricks and rust stains. In teaching the kids "art" I suggested taking a walk with a camera and learn to "see" the beauty of the world. Hopefully we can do that and transfer some of their photos onto fabrics. Maybe we can also do a session of monoprinting on fabric first. This will be a fun activity for me as well as the teens. I imagine I'll get more creative stimulation from their young and vibrant minds than they get from mine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home