TexStyle

Adventures in Textile Arts by kate kline

Monday, April 03, 2006

Trip to the Fort Worth Modern


In mid March I flew to Fort Worth to visit the Fort Worth Modern Museum of Art. In particular, I went to see the new Sean Scully exhibit. I'm always overwhelmed by the building and the entire collection there. There are textures that can be achieved by painters that are not so easy for textile artists, particular the quality of line and texture. I've been working with different techniques to achieve this quality in my work. Combining my interest in the texture and lines of old and new buildings and painting on fabric, I have been able to create some useful fabrics to use in my work.

Paths cross in interesting ways and renew my excitement in creating tangible expressions of what is in my soul.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home